As we said in our last blog post, school is starting up again which means there will be an increase of people out in the morning. This increases danger for children trying to get to school and is a serious concern for parents and school administration. But the driver is not always at fault. There are some important safety rules for kids to follow in order be safe going to and from school. Make sure your kids are aware of their habits that can be dangerous.
Dangerous habits to quit:
- Walking across the street while using a phone
- Riding a bike while using the phone
- Riding a skateboard while using the phone
- Get it? The phone is a distraction!
- Riding a bike in the street and weaving between cars
- Not wearing a bike helmet
- Not looking left, right, then left again before crossing the street
- Walking in the street instead of on the sidewalk
- Walking in or crossing the street while wearing headphones
We want every child to be able to get to and from school safely. Parents, make sure you are following traffic laws and school procedures. Make sure your kids know how to be safe as well.